The following information will help you prepare for your day on the construction site. We build Monday through Saturday, except for major holidays, throughout the year. The specific hours Monday through Friday will be set by our Construction Manager; please contact our office at (818) 884-8808 to schedule a date and time to volunteer.
Saturday Builds are from 8 to 2:00 Lunch is 11:00 to 12:00
Minimum age to work on the construction site is 16. Volunteers ages 16 and 17, please have a parent or guardian come to the site with you to complete the minor’s release form with our volunteer director on site.
Suggested items to bring:
- Nail apron or tool belt (cloth nail aprons can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowe’s, etc for under $2)
- Hammer, tape measure, pencil
- Work gloves (cotton or leather – many styles and prices to choose from at Home Depot or Lowe’s)
- Water bottle! There is water on site, but no cups, bring one from home and refill it! You will want this item!
- Bring a light lunch (fast food restaurants are also nearby)
- Sunscreen and hat
- Work shoes with hard soles are required. Work boots are ideal, tennis shoes are not permitted.
- Jeans or work pants
- Layer your clothing—i.e. T-shirt, sweatshirt & jacket