We are a locally run, independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving North Los Angeles City and County, building houses and futures for low-income families. We specialize in building the unique Enriched Neighborhood® communities in collaboration with Homes for Families, which we are currently building for low-income veterans in collaboration with the California Department of Veterans Affairs. To date, we have built 359 homes placing us in the top 5% of Habitat affiliates nationwide to reach the goal of building more than 100 homes. Habitat for Humanity San Fernando/Santa Clarita Valleys was founded in 1990 as an affiliate for Habitat for Humanity International.
To build affordable homes for low-income civilian and veteran families, and provide services that empower them to build brighter futures as homeowners.
Our Core Values
- Advocacy for the elimination of substandard housing & the creation of safe neighborhoods for all
- The importance of home stability in addition to the opportunity for advancement
- The advancement of human rights and fair housing around the world
- Excellence in home construction and volunteer experiences
- Inclusion, diversity and respect for all
- Environmental and financial sustainability
Our Recipients & Friends
- Low-income working families
- Veterans, service-disabled veterans and families of the fallen
- All populations interested in volunteerism, including youth
- All who are interested in financially advancing our mission
About Habitat for Humanity International
Founded in Americus, Georgia, USA, in 1976, Habitat for Humanity today operates around the globe and has helped build, renovate and repair more than 600,000 decent, affordable houses sheltering more than 3 million people worldwide.
A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
HFHI Non-proselytizing Policy
Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations will not proselytize. Nor will HFH work with entities or individuals who insist on proselytizing as part of their work with HFH. This means that HFH will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must adhere to or convert to a particular faith or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
HFHI Mission Statement
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.